Value Access & Pricing Manager
☞ Alexion Pharmaceuticals,Inc.
Update day: 06-05-2023
Category: Executive management Marketing / PR
Value Access and Pricing Manager
Director, Head of Market Access
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a multinational biopharmaceutical company with approximately 2,500 dedicated employees serving patients in more than 50 countries through the innovation, development, and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology, Alexion developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), anti-aquaporin 4 (AQP4) antibody-positive neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders (NMOSD) and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). In addition, Alexion has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). Our research efforts focus on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade, and our development efforts focus on our core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders.
Alexion’s aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team.
The Value Access and Pricing Manager is responsible for the organisation, development and delivery of high quality recommendations and strategies regarding P&R submissions for Italy. Working under the direction of the Market Access Director, the Value Access and Pricing Manager will contribute to the development of overall value and pricing strategy for the country, and lead the technical preparation of dossiers and material to achieving pricing and reimbursement at national level and an optimal positioning at regional and hospital level.
This role will partner with the Regional Team in the planning, preparation and timely submission of reimbursement dossiers and assist with pricing input to support the achievement of optimal market access across our portfolio in Itally. This position requires a high degree of cross functional collaboration, working with regulatory, medical, government affairs and commercial colleagues, local and regional market access staff and external consultants in the preparation of reimbursement submissions. They will provide guidance regarding clinical, economic and patient-centred considerations most relevant to Italy as well as provide input into pricing considerations based on the value evidence generated.
The role would also partner with the local team to develop strategic account and pricing plans in order to maximize the access conditions.
As a key member of the Market Access team, the Value Access and Pricing Manager is required to have a variety of skills including the ability to:
- Identify, analyze, and implement recommendations and strategies regarding P&R policy and challenges important to Alexion’s product portfolio in Italy
- Identify and address local key issues to adapt P&R dossiers for achieving quick access to the products
- Adapt to the local perspective budget impact models, value propositions and other economical tools critical for advancing opportunities, achieving pricing reimbursement and optimal positioning at national, regional and hospital level
- Analyze, synthesize, and translate technical P&R information into meaningful decision points, recommendations, and strategic tactics in Italy
- Planning and support of high quality payer applications
- Supporting adaptation of global market access tools / solutions to country-specific needs and ensure localised analyses are aligned to the global market access strategy
- Working closely with marketing and medical affairs teams, contribute to product launch strategies through the identification and development of reimbursement tools
- Careful preparation of necessary local documents for market access including technical data, medical writing and all presentation of the application to ensure a quality submission is produced
- Project management of input by external consultants
- Technical leadership of localisation of cost effectiveness analyses and budget impact assessments aligned with global product strategies and translation into the local reimbursement dossiers
- Technical assistance with the communication of health economic evidence to key audiences either directly or in support of local teams
- Prioritize tasks, and organize and manage multiple projects while maintaining an understanding of national, regional and hospital perspectives and objectives;
- Provide with adapted negotiation models to the Regional Market Access Managers for its implementation in the field;
- Collecting field input and customer insights through the Regional Market Access Managers for evidence generation plans;
- Working with regulatory, compliance and legal to ensure team is meeting all the requirements
- Previous work experience in access within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry and/or health economics consulting firms
- Strong experience of Healthcare Market Access and Pricing
- Confident understanding and experience with pharmacoeconomic analysis, pricing and HTA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good level of business English
- Ability to identify and understand relevant issues in healthcare policy, market access, pharmacoeconomics and health management in Italy as they may impact on Alexion’s reimbursement activities
- Candidates also should have an open mind about new ways to approach P&R issues, particularly for a company like Alexion with a focus on rare and ultra-rare diseases.
Successful completion of relevant tertiary qualifications, e.g. a degree in Pharmacy, Science, Health Economics, or similar (Life Sciences). A BA or BS is required; a graduate degree (MS, MPH, MPP, MBA, JD) is preferred, but not required. Qualified candidates should have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 15-06-2023🌏 Milan, Lombardy
⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 Milan, Lombardy
⏰ 15-06-2023🌏 Milan, Lombardy
⏰ 28-06-2023🌏 Milan, Lombardy
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Brescia, Lombardy
⏰ 18-06-2023🌏 Milan, Lombardy
⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Milan, Lombardy
⏰ 28-06-2023🌏 Milan, Lombardy
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Milan, Lombardy
⏰ 13-06-2023🌏 Milan, Lombardy